Solutions-based team approach
DesignBuild Solutions integrates architectural services with the commercial construction capabilities of Neumann Brothers, creating a single source of responsibility under one roof.
The team approach involves our designers, project managers, superintendents, clients and partners from the concept stage to ribbon cutting. The comprehensive start-to-finish approach includes:
- Pre-design services including master planning, site selection and space analysis
- Architectural design incorporating state-of-the-art 3-D and 4-D modeling
- Project code reviews and construction document completion
- Recommendations for sustainable elements, proactively following the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) program
- In-house analyses of project systems such as wood, steel, concrete and masonry structures
- Complete pre-construction and construction administration including conducting zoning reviews, reviewing shop drawings and ongoing quality assurance
Benefits of design-build:
- Singular Responsibility When problems arise, our designers and builders work as a team to find solutions together. No time is wasted on deciding who is at fault.
- Quality Control The design and construction teams benefit from the daily interaction and communication that comes with working out of the same office. We're on the same team and we share the same goal: delivering a quality product on time and under budget.
- Cost Savings Being in the same building, we are able to discuss design options that improve construction efficiency. We take into account the real cost implications of means and methods early in the process and can help make adjustments when they can benefit the Owner most.
- Time Savings Because we know the order aspects of the design need to be completed and approved to adhere to the project timeline, we are able to overlap the design phase with the construction phase, shortening the overall project timeline.
- Reduced Administrative Burden Our in-house team approach removes the back-and-forth paperwork required when architects and contractors are separate entities, achieving faster turnarounds for submittals.
- Early Knowledge of Construction Costs We are obligated to the estimates generated during design.
- Improved Risk Management We generate the documents and construct the building. We are personally invested in ensuring the success of each and every project and the satisfaction of our clients.
- Problem Solving The builder draws from a wealth of construction experience and provides invaluable input on buildability throughout the design process.
Earlham Savings Bank, Woodward, IA
Neumann Brothers completely renovated and remodeled a vacant location in Woodward, IA. The interior remodel of space included closing the open...
Electrical Power Products, Inc.
Neumann Brothers designed and constructed pre-engineered building additions and a partial remodel to an electronics manufacturing plant which included:...
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Company
This comprehensive design-build project involved constructing a two-story, 82,000 square foot building to house the corporate headquarters of Farmers...
Grand View University, Residence Suites
Neumann Brothers completed the new construction of student residence suites at Grand View University. This design-build project features 78 bedrooms...
Grinnell Mutual Bartelt Conference & Education Center
This design-build project features a tiered auditorium with 250 fixed seats, flexible meeting rooms with operable partitions, a commercial kitchen,...
Iowa Army National Guard, Camp Dodge Armed Forces Readiness Center
This $33 million design-build project includes three separate buildings on the campus of the Iowa Army National Guard at Camp Dodge, near Johnston,...
Iowa Army National Guard, Middletown Armed Forces Readiness Center
This project includes the design and construction of a two-building complex on a 25-acre site to support staff and equipment for the Iowa Army...
Using the design-build delivery method, Neumann Brothers completely remodeled and renovated the interior to the LaMair Mulock Condon offices.
Neal Smith Federal Building Facade
This exterior facade replacement project was designed and built by Neumann Brothers. All work was done while the Des Moines building was occupied....
Osceola Farm & Home
In October 2014 a fire completely destroyed the Osceola Farm & Home store. Utilizing a pre-engineered building and working around poor weather...