- Education Mercy College of Health Sciences, Bachelors of Health Care Administration Des Moines University, Masters of Health Care Administration
- Year Started at Neumann 2021
- Why did you choose to work in the construction industry? There is nothing like seeing the skylines of cities, or rooflines and interiors of existing buildings change – whether through new construction, restoration, or modernization processes, the construction industry is the change agent. Being part of this industry, to witness personally, is exhilarating.
Get to Know James
- What was your first job and how old were you? 11 years old, selling GRIT Newspaper door-to-door, moving up to daily delivery of the Des Moines Register & Tribune + mowing and raking yards and shoveling snow
- Cyclone or Hawkeye fan? Cyclone
- What was your favorite subject in Elementary school? Science – both Life and Earth sciences
- Favorite activity outside of work? Spending time with my wife, Lorie, our combined four children. A son and daughter-in-law, a daughter and son-in-law who live in Oklahoma and have our two granddaughters; a daughter who will be a graduating high school in 2022 and youngest son who will graduate high school in 2025, both attending Dallas Center Grimes. If all that doesn’t keep me busy enough, I enjoy working on our yard and home as well as our ever growing garden.