Business Development Manager
- Education Iowa State University, Bachelor of Science in Construction Engineering
- Year Started at Neumann 2007
- Professional Memberships Rotary Club of Des Moines Design Build Institute of America
- Professional Designations 2012 Masters Award (Projects over $10M) 2016 Business Record 40 Under 40 2017 ACE National Outstanding Mentor of the Year 2018 Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute
- What is your favorite Neumann project? My favorite project is the World Food Prize. It was a once in a lifetime type of project that will forever be something I’m proud of. The level of ornate detail is that you see covering every square foot of surface inside the building is something that amazes me to this day. The project is special to me because it truly brought back a local gem that had been abandoned and now it houses one of the most prestigious organizations in the world. Our team was able to bring that clients dreams to life and bring that pride to our community. I learned so much on that project from global hunger issues to processes and procedures for restoration practices that only a few in the world can still perform to this day. It’s a project that I’m proud of because of what it means but also because of what I learned and how it impacted me as a professional.
- Why did you choose to work in the construction industry? When I was a kid I’d help my family build garages, shingle roofs pour patios; and as I got older I had summer jobs framing and finishing housing developments and also worked on concrete crews in industrial plants and paving commercial and residential parking lots. I just really enjoyed being able to create something from nothing and continually being faced with new challenges.
Get to Know Josh
- What was your first job and how old were you? My first real job was guardian of the greenhouse in the summers at the greenhouse my aunt worked at. I was 10 years old and would ride my bike up to my aunts greenhouse every morning around 5:00 am to uncover all the plants in the greenhouses. When the greenhouse closed I’d go back around 7:00 pm and cover all the plants back up. I’m happy to say we lost very few of our plant family that summer and that was the last time I’ve been able to keep any plants alive.
- Cyclone or Hawkeye fan? Avid Cyclone fan!
- Favorite activity outside of work? Being a silly dad to my two amazing kids and watching them laugh and smile as they grow up far too fast, working out, tailgating at ISU football games and golfing.
- If you could write your own job title that best describes what you do, what would it be? Creator of Exemplary Opportunities