Project Manager / Shareholder
- Education University of Northern Iowa - Bachelor of Science in Construction Management Minor in Business
- Year Started at Neumann 2007
- What is the best thing about your job? Our jobs are tough, yet very fulfilling and rewarding. Every day brings a new set of challenges that even with the best planning and skillful execution – sometimes it does not come together as it was designed; issues happen. Working through those issues to resolve them quickly and the days where everything just ‘clicks’ and the hard work and planning by the entire team – everything flows and happens – those are the good ones. We are lucky to get to work with a great team, great field technicians, trade partners, designers and importantly Owners that allow us to bring projects to life.
- Why did you choose to work in the construction industry? Construction and hands-on work was always my passion and something I naturally gravitated to from my childhood on. It was a perfect fit and has been a great ride. Couldn’t think of a better career than being in the construction industry.
Get to Know Mark
- What was your first job and how old were you? I always worked for my dad when I was little; my first ‘real’ job – I was 13 and worked for a Mechanics Shop
- Cyclone or Hawkeye fan? Both – Really a UNI Panther – but I always pull for all the Iowa teams
- Favorite activity outside of work? Whew – I really enjoy working so that may be a hobby as well – add in bike riding, being outdoors with my wife and dog – and cold beverages – those are important.
- What was your favorite subject in Elementary school? I think mostly daydreaming out the windows